FuNkY JuNk and JuNkY FuN

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I seriously cannot believe the last post here on Junkin at Barntiques was August 31st. So, instead of beating myself up, I will just pick it up here and run! The shop was open only on the second Saturday of the month last year and we have decided that we need an extra shopping day for all of our friends. We will open in May and be open on the second and the fourth Saturday through September. We will be having specials each sale. We have had plenty of snow here in Iowa so it has made the barn impossible to gain entry. I have although been working on many ideas and projects in the dining room. I love the fun robin egg blue paint that is really helping me see spring. Speaking of springs, I have two full iron bed frames that will be calling my name to get out the bolt cutters and have my way with it. LOVE, love, love old bed springs and just about EVERYTHING looks fun perched on them. I must say that I have an over abundance of windows that are making their way to the dining table for some fun communication/photo boards. We sold out of our junk necklaces. They were a big hit and we will be having fun with some new ideas from our favorite junker, Sheri. Always on the hunt for new fun junk to share. I am challenging myself to seven days of blogging, starting today. I never really know where I should draw the line between junk blogging and our personal lives. So bear with me on that. There are just so many things to share with our junk family. We have been through the circle of life with Sheri's mom passing away and her daughter giving birth. New babies are the best! Gale had a new grandbaby too and we will have one next month or so. Marriages,loss of friends and family, reconnections with old friends! Here's to a great 2011!

1 comment: