FuNkY JuNk and JuNkY FuN

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Let me introduce myself some more

I have just celebrated my 49th birthday! I also celebrated the 2nd anniversary of breast cancer survivorship. My co-survivor is my husband of 30 years. We are high school sweethearts, graduated (walked together in graduation ceremonies) in 1978. Vern served 10 years in the US Navy. Yes, we were married at 18 years old. He was stationed on the east coast. During that time we had two children. Michael is 29. He and his wife, Courtnie have two boys. Easton is 5 and Emmitt is 3. Now I know why I thought my mom was a freak carrying around photo albums of the grandkids. I am now the freak. Although, I have a pocket video frame. There will be plenty of stories about the EE's! Our daughter, Mary Ann 26, lives with us. She provides child care. I have a niece, Addie that means the world to me. She and her husband, Dwight have Nyla 4, and Jabari is 2. My dad is 82 and lives one block from us. And I can guarantee there will be stories about him! Vern works for 3M. Hopefully he will be able to continue through this rough road that we are all on. Me, I am pretty much a Jill of all trades and master of a few. More on that in another post. That pretty much is the run down on our little family. Our EXTENDED family is ever growing and so loved and appreciated. In blogging, I hope to show some great photos of befores and afters of the junkin trade. I absofrickinglutely am a collector of wwwaaayyyyy too many things. I come by it naturally from my dad. He has many collections! Once we get the hang of this blogging thing, I will show you what I mean. I am sure I will be at this again as we prepare for blizzard conditions tonight and tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kay,
    I love that you're blogging! Here's the # you were looking for: 402-8010. Can't wait to read more! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just came over from Kari and Kijsa and wanted to say congratulations on your new blog. Be careful, it can because a time consuming habit. :)

    ReplyDelete